The Southery Community
At Southery we are proud of our links with the local community. Over the past few years we have been able to work with local groups to provided opportunities for the children.
This has included:
- Supporting the Macmillan coffee morning at the village hall.
- Supporting the local church with fund raising.
- The church as a venue for assemblies, Christmas and Easter events.
- Remembrance as part of the village service.
- Local fundraising including the QE hospital, care homes, food bins.
We are also very proud of our parent group which organised various events which, where possible, link into our curriculum. Details are below:
Friends of Southery (PTA)
Friends of Southery is a parent-teacher association (PTA) who raise money to help the school out with special projects and also help to organise fun events throughout the year to add to the children’s memories of their time at Southery.
In recent years we have organised discos, film nights, bingo afternoons and sleepovers for the children and supported school trips to the theatre in London and bought extra resources as requested by the school.
Should you wish to contact our FOSA, please use the following email address: Fosafirstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more, please visit the academy office